From Euro Disney to Disneyland® Paris
In 1992, Disney magic came to Europe with the opening of Euro Disney, a theme park that would grow to become today's Disneyland® Paris.
The last 25 years have seen more than 250 million visitors step through the gates of Disneyland® Park, and we believe it's just as magical today as it was back then.
Here are some of the milestones along the way...
How It All Began
- 1987 - Disney signs an agreement with the French authorities to create Euro Disney in France
- 1992 - Euro Disney welcomes its first visitors
- 1994 - The resort changes its name from Euro Disney to Disneyland® Resort Paris
More Magical by the Day
- 1995 - Space Mountain - From the Earth to the Moon (now Star Wars Hyperspace Mountain) takes its first passengers on a thrilling ride
- 1996 - Eurostar starts running trains direct to Disneyland Paris
- 1997 - 5th anniversary celebrations take place at the Park. It's a festival of flowers to celebrate springtime
A New Park Opens
- 2001 - The number of guests visiting Disneyland Paris hits the 100 million mark
- 2002 - Walt Disney Studios® Park opens alongside Disneyland Park, giving visitors a whole new world to explore
- 2006 - Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast opens, inspired by Disney-Pixar's Toy Story 2
Let the Celebrations Start!
- 2007 - Toon Studio opens with larger-than-life rides and the chance to explore the art of Disney animation
- 2011 - The number of guests who've visited the park hits a record-breaking quarter of a billion
- 2012 - 20th anniversary celebrations begin, with an amazing nighttime show, and new spectacular parade
- 2017 - Disneyland Paris celebrate their 25th anniversary celebrations with new attractions, spectacular shows and a star-studded parade
Find out about our 25th Anniversary celebrations.