How many different Disney Cruise Line® ships are there?
Disney Cruise Line® has five ships in their fleet. The two original sister ships consist of the Disney Magic and Disney Wonder, with more recent additions being the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy and finally the Disney Wish, which first set sail in Summer 2022.
How do I know which Disney Cruise Line® ship I will be on?
Take a look at the variety of cruises and destinations on site using the link below or call our Disney Experts on 0800 168 0742 to find specific dates and sailings. Once you have booked your Disney Cruise, you will also find the name of the ship highlighted on your invoice. Using your ship name, you will then be able to view details of what is available onboard, including entertainment, restaurants and youth clubs.
How old does an infant have to be in order to sail?
The minimum age to sail aboard Disney Cruise Line® ships is 6 months of age on most itineraries. For more information, please call our Disney Experts on 0800 169 0742*.
Do you offer services for guests with disabilities?
Yes, you can book wheelchair accessible staterooms through Walt Disney Travel Company which are equipped for guests with disabilities. Features include minimum of 32-inch doorways, ramped bathroom thresholds, open bed frames, added phones in the bathroom and nightstand, bathroom and shower handrails, fold-down shower seats, hand-held shower heads, lowered towel and closet bars, and Emergency Call Buttons. Please note that Guests requiring a wheelchair throughout their cruise must make provisions for the use of that wheelchair prior to the cruise.
Other services available include:
• Transfer tiers at one of our feature pools
• Sand wheelchairs at Castaway Cay
• Wheelchair accessible rooms in shipboard common areas
• Assistive Listening Systems in main theatres and show rooms.
• Open captioning availability for stateroom televisions and selected onboard video monitors
• American Sign Language interpretation is available for live performances on various cruise dates.
• Stateroom Communication Kits containing door knock and phone alerts, phone amplifier, bed shaker notification, strobe light some detector and a Text Typewriter (TTY)
Where can I find information for guests with disabilities?
You can find all information for guests with disabilities on the Disney Cruise Line website. Alternatively, our Disney Experts are here to offer advice and information on the various options available to suit the needs of each guest. Please call 0800 169 0742*.
What is included in the basic price of a Disney Cruise?
Your cruise price includes almost every part of your onboard experience, such as…
• Your stateroom (along with applicable taxes and port fees)
• Breakfast, lunch and dinner
• Soft drinks served at meals and at each ship's beverage station
• Snacks and Ice Cream throughout the ship
• Disney Character Meet & Greets
• Entertainment, including live Broadway-style productions at the Walt Disney Theatre as well as Disney movie classics and current first-run films.
There are additional activities that require a charge which can be booked via ‘My Disney Cruise’ or through the ‘Disney Cruise Line Navigator App’.
Will I need to bring cash, credit cards or foreign currency with me on my cruise?
Onboard your Disney Cruise Line® ship, all expenses will be charged to your stateroom, so you do not need cash or a credit card. You may wish to carry cash or a credit card to buy snacks or souvenirs during stops at ports of call.
Is there any expected amount for gratuities?
It is customary to give gratuities in recognition of exceptional service, which you’ll receive in abundance aboard the ship. We recommend a gratuity amount of $14.50 USD per night, per stateroom Guest, including infants and children.
Gratuities are distributed to the Crew Members who take care of you in the following roles:
• Dining room server
• Dining room assistant server
• Dining room head server
• Stateroom host
Guests staying in Concierge Staterooms and Suites are recommended a gratuity amount of $15.50 USD per night, per stateroom Guest. This includes gratuity for the Stateroom assistant host, who services the Concierge accommodations, in addition to the positions listed above.
Recommended gratuities do not include the following, which are either included in the charge or based on your discretion:
• Extras added to rotational dining meals such as alcoholic beverages
• Adult dining locations such as Remy, Palo, Palo Steakhouse and Enchanté by Chef Arnaud Lallement, which are not part of rotational dining
• Food or drink in shops and outdoor or poolside eateries
• Room service
• Port Adventures
• Senses Spa & Salon
• Concierge Lounge Team—Guests staying in Concierge accommodations are recommended a gratuity amount of $8.00 per night, per stateroom Guest
• Any other additional services
An 18% gratuity is automatically added to bar, beverage, wine, deck service tabs and spa services. All gratuities can be charged to your onboard account.
What is the best way to pay for gratuities?
The suggested gratuity amount will be automatically charged to your onboard account. If you would like to make any adjustments to the gratuities or pay for these up front at the start of your sailing, please visit Guest Services on-board prior to the end of your cruise and one of the crew members will be happy to assist you.
Please note that Walt Disney Travel Company International guests are unable to apply pre-payment of gratuities to your account ahead of your cruise.