What is Rotational Dining?
Rotational dining is the Disney Cruise Line way of making sure that all Guests get to enjoy each of the themed dining venues while on board. Each evening, you dine with the same waiting team as you rotate to one of three main restaurants on the ship and experience a mixture of mouth-watering menus.
You will receive your restaurant schedule and table number upon arrival by checking your ‘Disney Cruise Line Navigator App’. Then, each evening, you, your tablemates and servers will rotate to a different restaurant. As you rotate, the same wait staff—who know your preferences—will serve you each night while you get to experience the unique atmosphere of each dining venue. Rotational Dining is included in the price of your Disney Cruise however should you wish to book additional dining, you can do so via Disney Cruise Line's Navigator App or by visiting 'My Reservations' on ‘My Disney Cruise’.
Can I make additional dining reservations before my cruise?
You do not need to book rotational dining, this is included in your booking, however, you can add additional dining reservations before you embark on your Disney Cruise through the ‘Disney Cruise Line Navigator App’ or under 'My Reservations' on 'My Disney Cruise'. To access the planning center on the app or on site, you will need your cruise reservation number and the date of birth of the lead passenger. How far in advance you can do this will be dependent on your Castaway Club membership, as you will see from the four categories below;
• 75 days prior to sailing for first-time Disney Cruise Line® Guests
• 90 days prior to sailing for Silver Castaway Club Members
• 105 days prior to sailing for Gold Castaway Club Members
• 120 days prior to sailing for Platinum Castaway Club Members and Guests staying in Suites
What time is dinner served on board a Disney Cruise?
Each night with rotational dining, there are 2 seating times for dinner. For European sailings, the Main Seating begins at 6PM, with the Second Seating beginning at 8:30PM. For USA sailings, the Main Seating begins at 5:45PM, with the Second Seating beginning at 8PM. This schedule has been designed to allow guests plenty of time to see a performance of any evening’s live show.
Your preferred seating can be requested under 'My Reservations' on ‘My Disney Cruise’ or through the ‘Disney Cruise Line Navigator App’, with requests subject to availability. If your seating preference is not available, you can request an alternate seating time by joining the waiting list. To see your assigned seating time and restaurant rotation, please check the ‘Disney Cruise Line Navigator App’ upon your arrival.
Does Disney Cruise Line offer meals for dietary needs?
There are a range of gluten-free, vegetarian, no added-sugar, dairy-free and lighter offerings offered at all table-service restaurants. Kosher meals and other lifestyle or cultural meals may also be available upon request. Please detail any dietary requests at the time of booking so that we can accommodate your dining requirements.
Can I bring alcohol onboard a Disney Cruise?
Disney Cruise Line permits Guests 21 years and older to bring a maximum of 2 bottles of unopened wine or champagne (no larger than 750 ml) or 6 beers (no larger than 12 ounces) on board at the beginning of the voyage and at each port of call. These beverages must be packed in carry-on (not checked) bags or luggage.
• Alcohol brought on board may not be consumed in any lounge or public area.
• Guests wishing to consume wine or champagne that they have brought on board in one of the dining rooms will be charged a corking fee of $26.00 per bottle.
• All alcohol brought on board must be in an original unopened container. Partially used bottles and those in which the seal is broken are prohibited.
• Any wine or champagne in excess of 2 bottles or beer in excess of 6 beers is prohibited and must be discarded prior to entry and no compensation offered.
• Liquors or spirits or excess wine and beer purchased in ports of call will be stored until the end of the cruise.