What are the refurbishment dates for Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort? When will work be complete?
Beginning in May 2017, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort will undergo multiple refurbishment projects over the next two years.
How will this work impact my stay?
Whilst we recognise this will cause a degree of disruption to your stay, we are making every effort to ensure that your visit to Walt Disney World is magical.
Throughout this project we are committed to providing a great Guest experience, however noise will be heard while our Resort is being reimagined. We will do everything we can to ensure noise is kept to a minimum, but please note noise should not be heard from your Guest room between dusk and 9:00am daily.
In addition, while several dining locations will be unavailable, we will still have a variety of dining options for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Is part of this construction for Disney Skyliner?
Yes. Construction has started on our new transportation system, Disney Skyliner. We look forward to sharing more details in the future.
Will the addition of Disney Skyliner have additional construction impacts at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort? Will additional amenities be closed?
Guests with upcoming reservations at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort have already been made aware of any potential impacts to their resort experience. This includes the following venues, which are currently unavailable: Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Banana Cabana Pool Bar and Calypso Trading Post.
What dining options will be available during this closure?
While Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale and Banana Cabana Pool Bar will be closed during this time, Guests will have several food and beverage options available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. This includes:
• All‐‐you‐‐care‐‐to‐‐enjoy buffet offerings for breakfast and dinner. Guests will be met by friendly Disney hosts and escorted to their table, where drink orders will also be taken before guests can either enjoy a buffet breakfast or dinner with American and Caribbean flavours.
• A selection of grab-and-go meals available for purchase throughout the day in three island markets in the Aruba, Jamaica and Martinique regions of the resort. These grab-and-go options provide quick food and beverage offerings that could include items such as sandwiches, fresh fruit, bottled beverages and more.
• Additional a la carte offerings available at mobile food vending locations.
• In-room dining, with a menu including pizza, sandwiches and pasta.
• Disney dining plans will be accepted and dining locations will offer menu options to meet dietary needs.
• Coca-Cola Freestyle machines will be available throughout the resort for Guests to refill their resort mugs.
Will the Disney Dining Plan be accepted for these dining options?
Yes, Disney Dining Plans will be accepted. Breakfast and dinner buffet options will be available as one (1) Quick-Service entitlement, while grab-and-go options are also eligible for one (1) Snack or Quick-Service entitlement, depending on the item.
Will there be options for special dietary needs?
Yes. These dining locations will make every effort to assist you with your dietary needs.
Are the alternate dining options ADA compliant?
Yes. These dining locations will offer ADA accessibility.
Will the pool be impacted?
The pools will remain open for your enjoyment, you will still be able to make a splash at our feature pool – Fuentes del Morro Pool – or at one of our leisure pools.
Will the pool bar be open?
While Banana Cabana Pool Bar will be closed during this refurbishment, we will have a temporary pool bar available.
Will recreation be impacted?
Recreation activities will still be available. Upon arrival, please refer to the Recreation Calendar for current activities offered during your stay.
Will guests receive any compensation for the disruption, during their stay?
For guests that booked prior to the announcement and without the knowledge of renovations at the resort, as a courtesy, were offered a gift card. With the project now announced, guests who book moving forward are informed throughout the booking process of the renovation plans and are aware of the amenities and therefore won’t be eligible for any gestures of goodwill. Please know that we are committed to doing everything we can to make your stay magical.
What is the new dining location opening at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort?
Opening Spring 2018, Spyglass Grill, located in Trinidad South, will serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. The menu offers a variety of items, including hot breakfast entrées, sandwiches, salads, tacos and refreshing beverages.